Thursday, March 5, 2015

Canvas Art- Names

 

 
 
 
 
One of my best friends was having her first baby! I decided that I wanted to make something special for them but didn't know what. I got the idea off Pinterest, of course. There's so many ideas on there. I kind of knew the décor she wanted to do in the nursery, so I tried to match my colors as close as I could to Ella's room. They seemed to really like it and so did everyone I showed a picture to. So I think it will become my "baby gift" from now on.
 
We were throwing a baby shower at work and they mentioned that I should make one for her. Don't worry, totally bought an actual gift too. You can never have enough baby stuff! I also made her a diaper cake that I will post up next.
 
Items I used:
 
-Canvas, size of your choosing
-Acrylic paints
-Mod Podge
-Paint Brush
-Glitter, if using
-Pencil, if not drawing freehand.
 
-For the fonts, I typed up some that I wanted and then traced then onto the canvas.
I then did the first (Ella) filigree by hand and got a stencil for (Erin). It's really what you prefer doing and knowing what you can do.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment