Thursday, March 5, 2015

Girl Diaper Cake





A friend and I went in together to make a diaper cake. They can get quite pricy! We spent about $45 dollars total. Babies and diapers are expensive! Oh well, I hope to have one, one day anyways :)

We used the following items:

-70 diapers
- 2pk pacifiers
- baby shampoo
- baby lotion
- Regular sized Desitin
- pack of wipes
- Everything was regular sized
-Cardboard to make bottom platform
- 6pk baby wash cloths
-3ft roll of ribbon
-Elephant topper -Can be anything from flowers to various stuffed animals.
-Bamboo sticks - For flowers
-Paper towel rolls (2) to make center. It makes it easer to add the diapers around it and hold the layers together.
-Rubber bands - A LOT. We used clear hair rubber bands for the diapers.
You then need larger ones to hold the diaper layers together.

As you can see, we placed the items in where some diapers were originally. This way the items were in the actual cake.

I made the actual wash cloth roses from just googling it on the internet. There's a ton of tutorials.

I've also made diaper bouquets for my sisters shower that is coming up in April. I'm throwing her whole shower and will post up one big post with all the décor I made and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment