Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Makeup DIY Metal Organizer

 


This was actually pretty easy to do. I recently started wearing make up again. I mean, I never really used to wear that much of it before. I just have become obsessed with all kinds of make-up and decided to start my collection. I'm going to be 28 soon.. Time to start covering up all those imperfections! 

 It was actually great timing. Target was having a SUPER clearance sale on a lot of their make-up. I got brands such as; e.l.f., Physicians Formula, Sally Hansen, Revlon, Kiss Nails, L’oreal, NYX, EOS and a few more. I got a great amount of make-up for probably 35 dollars. Great deal! Here’s a couple pictures I took without the clearance stickers. Should have left them on but wasn't thinking about it!

There's a couple times I went back and got 3-5 times for $3-4 dollars each time. I did not take pics of those and post them on Instagram because I didn't want to seem too obsessed! Haha. :-) 


Anyways, I don’t really have a place to store my make-up. I’ve been talking to my husband about getting a vanity desk and chair for our bedroom. We recently moved to a big house and we need a lot of furniture. So my vanity is far down on the totem pole.  Well… I needed a quick fix… Pinterest.

Pinterest is amazing!! I can find anything on there. So, I found a few DIY magnetic frames that you can attach magnets to you make-up and they will stick to the frame. I went to get my supplies and it probably cost me around $15 with coupons!

What you need:

A metal sheet – I went to Lowe’s and got a 12X18 for $4.99

Tacky Spray glue- Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon

Magnetic sheets- Tacky Glue brand – Michaels with 40% off coupon

Some type of décor. I used scrapbook sheets and I know some people use wrapping paper. Whatever will match the rest of your décor.

A frame- Now, I don’t know where to get a 12X18 frame that isn’t custom made. I don’t want to spend more than $5. So I’m going to have my husband drill two holes in the top to hang on the wall.


This is a quick, temporary fix. I want to get a vanity, maybe for my birthday! So, I’m not too concerned about the framing part. That’s something that’s totally up to you. 

Anyways, it didn't take long at all to put it all together! The longest part is cutting up pieces of the magnet to attach to all your make-up. I recommend putting as much magnet on the bag, of each piece, as you possibly can. 

I have not glued the stripes on top yet because my husband will drill the jokes first. 


Overall, this was super easy and pretty cheap! 


2 comments:

  1. Not only does this project look easy, it is also very useful! Make up, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara, and the like are somehow always missing or all over the place. It would be very nice to see them all lined up in one place, so they are always ready to use. Thanks for sharing this with us, Leslie. Have a great day!


    Bernice Parsons @ Badger Anodising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm glad you like it! It's super easy to make and so efficient! :-)

      Delete