Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Crayon Art!

 
 
This thing has been a huge hit! It was absolutely so much fun to make too. I made this about a year ago and I'm happy to say that it's help up fantastically!
 
I two packs for 25ct. Crayola crayons and tried to arrange them with like colors. This way there's a smooth transition from light to dark. Anyways, it was pretty easy to do. I super glued the crayons to the middle of the canvas.
 
I then flipped one side down and used my hairdryer to melt HALF of the crayon. You have to be very careful to only melt half of the crayon. I didn't spend too much time and just try to get the drips. I didn't want to end up melting the whole crayon on one side.
 
Next, I let the crayon drips completely dry. You don't want them dripping when you flip the canvas to the other side. Then you just do the same and try to melt the other half of crayon only. After that was all said and done, I let it completely dry, laying it flat.
 
After a few days, I realized that there was something missing and I wanted something else. I used some mod podge and glitter to a wooden letter M. I loved that look and just glued it onto the middle of my crayon canvas. I've had SO many compliments when I've had anyone over and they see this.
 
I love it, it's fun and easy. I love that it has been durable. Been through a big move and still going strong. I can't wait to have children someday and do this with them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment